9.02.2010

Here's the Plan, Stan

I started working out at a recommended gym on August 10th. At the same time I started being more conscious about what I was eating and drinking.

The first week I lost two pounds (yippee!).
The second week I lost one pound.
The third week I gained a pound. (Insert discouragement here.)

Luckily, my gym membership came with three personal training sessions, so I decided it was time to sign up. I had my first session this morning at 10:00 am. I found out some interesting things.
  • I’m doing well in eating 4-5 times a day instead of 2-3, but I’m not eating enough at each session to fuel my calorie usage as I exercise
  • Working with weights causes you to burn more calories and keeps your metabolism raised for some time after your workout
  • While weight-loss results will take longer, the energy-boosting benefits of working with weights is almost immediate
  • The personal trainer was really nice to look at
  • Women should not weigh weekly because of the hormonal changes constantly occurring in the female body – it’s more accurate to measure using body mass index and inches lost 
  • Instead of 3 days a week I should aim for 4-5 days a week in order to shock my system into weight loss
I am sure that going to the gym and working on the elliptical or the bike would get old – so it’s nice to be able to go in and actually know how to safely use the other gym equipment. It will certainly spice up my workouts a bit more, and hopefully it will bring me the results I’m seeking. Today the trainer showed me how to work on my abs, back, and thighs. My next appointment is Tuesday at 10:00 and then I hope to focus on my arms then. Who knows what we’ll do during my third appointment.

Wish me luck, folks!

1 comment:

  1. good luck mama!! sounds like the personal trainer was helpful. keep at it girl!

    ReplyDelete