1.20.2009

Woo-freakin'-hoo!

Ladies and gents, it could not have come at a more appropriate time.

I had curled up in the bed and been catnapping for about 45 minutes after reveling in the miracle of a capable man being inaugurated into the White House when I got a phone call . . .

I got a job here in town. Yaaaay for no freakin' commute! My pay will only be about 65% of what it was before I got laid off, but it looks like that's just out of my hands with the economy the way it is. At least I'm employed . . . and just in the nick of time, too. My unemployment runs out NEXT WEEK.

I'll be a Customer Service Rep for an engineering firm. I'll be dealing with customer complaints and getting them resolved as well as other administrative duties within the organization. They work rather odd hours since they're an engineering firm (7-5 M-Th and 7-11 on Fri) and the boss still isn't sure EXACTLY what my position will look like (that's ok, been there before!). "We'll play it by ear," he said.

I do know that they have benefits though I don't know at this point what or how much or even if they pay for them. I should find out in the next day or two when I receive an info packet in the mail to have filled out when I start at 8 a.m. Monday.

Wish me luck, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment